Netflix is gearing up to release a new reality series that promises to be a unique addition to the streaming platform’s growing collection of zombie-themed content. Finally, fans will witness South Korean entertainers fight their way through hordes of brain-hungry creatures in the heart of Seoul.
Thanks to the creative genius of Park Jin-kyung and Moon Sang-don, and a collaboration with Kakoa Entertainment, Zombieverse marks the first reality series to center around the popular horror subgenre.
Watch the trailer here:
The show is inspired by successful scripted Korean zombie series like Kingdom And Empathize, and does not skimp on realism. The artistic minds behind the hit Netflix original We’re all dead have lent their talent to ensure an authentic experience. And yes, zombies play an important role in the series.
READ ALSO: Netflix TUDUM 2023 full list of releases from Squid Game 2, Rebel Moon, Stranger Things 5 to Heart of Stone
Netflix’s official synopsis sets the tone for the series:
During a zombie virus outbreak in Seoul, contestants face challenging missions and must outwit the undead in order to survive. Working together becomes crucial as anyone bitten by a zombie will be left behind.
While the concept has similarities with the American reality show The colony, from Zombieverse main distinguishing factor is of course the presence of zombies. The contestants better be prepared to outsmart the undead on challenging quests if they want to make it out alive.
Featuring a diverse cast of South Korean entertainers, including actors, comedians, rappers and even a baseball player, Zombieverse will feature a vibrant mix of talent and brains – of both the human and undead variety. These brave souls will have to work together to survive the simulated zombie apocalypse and make sure they are not left behind as zombie snacks.
Here is a detailed list of the participants Zombieverse:
- Lee Si-young: A South Korean actress known for her role in the popular Korean horror series Sweet home.
- Ro Hong-chul: A popular South Korean entertainer who has appeared on several Korean shows including Infinite challenge And The Hungry and the Hairy.
- Park Narae: A South Korean DJ and comedian
- Kim Cheol/DinDin: A South Korean rapper and TV personality
- Fukutomi Tsuki: A Japanese singer who is part of the K-pop girl group Billlie.
- Yoo Hee Kwan: A South Korean baseball player who currently plays for the Doosan Bears in the KBO League.
- Yiombi Jonathan: A TV personality who will take part in the competition
- Yiombi Patricia: Jonathan’s sister is also a TV personality who joins the Zombieverse cast.
- Hong Seong Wo: A South Korean urologist, professor and YouTuber
- Kim Jin-young/Dex: A South Korean YouTuber and vlogger who previously appeared on Singles Inferno season 2
These contestants come from a variety of backgrounds, including acting, entertainment, music, sports and more. Using their individual talents and personalities, they will rise to the challenge of surviving the simulated zombie attack in Seoul.
To make the zombie encounters all the more terrifying, the actors portraying the undead have received rigorous training from the choreographers behind the acclaimed Netflix series Kingdom.
READ ALSO: Evil Dead Rise Review: A Heartbreaking, Immersive Horror Experience
Anticipation for Zombieverse is already running high and once it’s released on Netflix, it’s expected to become a hot topic of conversation.
Zombieverse will be released on Netflix on August 8.
Adblock test (Why?)