You don’t need to buy a new iron tawa if the top layer is intact. Instead, try cleaning it thoroughly with our guide. Here are some quick tips that will help you clean your iron tawa in minutes.
That tawa or flat iron pan is one of the most used things in our kitchens. It is often used to prepare chapatis, omelettes and papads, among other things. For years, iron cookware, especially tawa or pan, has been a part of our kitchens for their health benefits. It is said that cooking with iron utensils increases the iron quotient in our food.
However, do you know that over time with regular use, grease and dirt continue to build up on the surface of the tawa, preventing the nutrients from reaching your food? This also affects the quality of your food. So it is important to clean the iron tawa regularly. Let’s quickly dive into some easy hacks to clean iron tawa.
Warm water and liquid soap
- Rinse the tawa with warm water. This will help break down the food particles.
- Add a few drops of liquid dish soap to the surface.
- scrub the tawa gently with a sponge.
- Rinse again with warm water.
- Dry the tawa with a soft cloth.
Salt And Lemon Scrub
- Cut a lemon in half and dip in salt.
- Scrub the tawa with this lemon and salt scrub.
- Let the mixture sit on the tawa for a few minutes.
- Then scrub the tawa off with a scrubber.
- Rinse with warm water and dry with a kitchen towel.
Water And Vinegar
In a bowl, add equal parts water and vinegar. Apply this solution to the tawa with a sponge and start scrubbing gently. Let this sit for a few minutes. Rinse with warm water.
Don’t Miss: These Tips Will Help You Make Your Non-Stick Kadhai Pan Last Longer
baking soda paste
Make a mixture of baking soda and warm water. Apply this paste to the iron tawa. This will help remove the stubborn stains on the tawa. Let the paste soak in for a few minutes, then scrub with a soft sponge. Rinse under warm water.
Add water to the tawa and bring to a boil. Once the water starts to boil, any food particles that have accumulated on the tawa will come off. Turn off the heat and drain the water. Use a sponge to clean the tawa. Rinse with water and dry.
Don’t Miss: How to Clean the Pressure Cooker
Tips to keep Iron Tawa clean
- The best way to keep your iron tawa clean is to wash it well after each use. This prevents the accumulation of dirt on the surface.
- Do not soak the tawa in water for a long time, otherwise it may cause rusting.
- Always use a soft sponge or scrubber to clean your tawa, otherwise you will scratch the surface of the tawa and remove the top layer.
- Instead of using metal utensils, use a wooden or silicone spatula while cooking on the tawa to prevent scratches.
- Place your iron tawa in a dry place when not in use. Do not place heavy objects on it. (Vastu tips to put tawa in the kitchen)
Image Courtesy: Shutterstock
Adblock test (Why?)