Not even the slimmest of us are blessed with the flattest stomach! One of the best ways to get rid of the stubborn belly bump is to exercise and eat healthy. Working out isn’t always about going to the gym. You can even sit in your chair and do these exercises. All you need is your chair and some willpower! Scroll down to find simple yet effective chair exercises for belly fat.
Before we get to the exercise, we need to know the causes of belly fat and come up with ways to solve these problems for good. A sedentary lifestyle, lack of sleep and poor diet are some of the many reasons that lead to fat accumulation around the abdomen. Not only does it increase your risk of obesity, but it also puts you at risk for acute or chronic disease. The best way to get rid of belly fat is to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Chair exercises to burn belly fat
Whether you’re on the couch or have a desk job, you can do some simple yet effective chair exercises that can help you lose stubborn belly fat.
1. Seated crunches
You can never go wrong with the classic crunches. We just twist it. Try these seated crunches that can help you get rid of the bulging belly. Here’s a step-by-step guide to doing seated crunches correctly:
1. Sit on the edge of the chair with your hands on the back of your head while interlacing your fingers. Lean back with a straight back.
2. Now lift your chest towards your knees and tighten your abs.
3. Exhale as you crunch forward and inhale as you return to the starting position.
4. Keep your core engaged throughout the exercise.
5. Do 15 reps and 3 sets of this exercise.
2. Raise knee
Knee raises are one of the easiest yet most effective exercises you can do to burn excess belly fat. Here’s how to do it right:
1. Keep your feet flat on the floor while sitting upright.
2. Place your hands on each side of the seat.
3. Lie one knee toward your chest, keeping your foot flexed and your back straight.
4. Hold for a moment, keeping your foot flexed and your back straight.
5. Keep your core engaged. Now lower the foot back to the starting position.
6. Alternate legs and repeat the movement for at least 15 repetitions. Do 3 sets of this exercise.
3. Side bends
Melt away the belly fat with this exercise that works on the love handles. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Sit upright in a chair with your feet on the floor.
2. Place your hands on either side of your head, with your elbows out to the sides.
3. Now bend to the right, keeping your torso aligned and your left hip pressed into the seat.
4. You should feel the stretch on the left side of your body as you lower to the right.
5. Hold it for a while and repeat on the other side. That completes one repetition.
6. Do at least 15 reps to reap the benefits.
From your outer glutes to side bulge to belly fat, do this exercise that can do wonders for you and help you lose belly fat.
1. Sit on the edge of the chair with your back straight and hands on either side of the chair.
2. Extend your legs straight out in front of you and hover them slightly above the floor.
3. Lift your right leg as high as possible while simultaneously lowering your left leg to the floor.
4. Keep your legs straight and cross them again. Keep your core engaged as you do this.
5. Do at least 20 repetitions of this exercise and you can gradually increase the number.
5. Elbow crunch
A variation on the classic crunch, this exercise is a minor upgrade. Not only on your stomach, it also works on the sides.
Here’s how you can do it:
1. Sit in a chair with your feet flat on the floor and your back straight.
2. Place your hands slightly behind your back, with your elbows out to the side.
3. Lean back slightly, maintaining an upright position while keeping your back straight.
4. Exhale and tighten your abs to curl your torso forward and bring your elbows toward your knees.
5. Focus on your abs to initiate the movement instead of pulling on your neck or head.
6. Hold the crunch position for a second. Inhale and slowly lower your torso back to the starting position.
7. Do 15 reps at the beginning and gradually increase.
While these exercises can help you burn belly fat, it’s best to check with your healthcare provider and a fitness coach before making any changes to your routine.
Adblock test (Why?)