Hello all. I’ll be back in your inbox this morning to walk you through the top things happening in Dallas.
But first today’s weather:
Hot with partial sunshine. High: 103 Low: 78.
Here are the top three stories in Dallas today:
- More than 400 people in nearby McKinney eagerly lined up early July 20 for the opening of the third HEB store in the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area. The store offered prizes such as $25 gift cards and a coveted $500 basket to the first customers in line. The 11,000-square-foot store includes features such as a Sushiya, a full-service pharmacy, and an in-store restaurant called True Texas BBQ, adding to the Texas supermarket chain’s positive reputation for affordable prices and convenient shopping experiences. (CHRON)
- Suspect Charlton Porter, who was involved in a shooting in Dallas the day before Mother’s Day that left one dead and three injured has been arrested in New Orleans. Porter was charged with the murder of Ana Moreno, a 39-year-old mother of three who was tragically killed by a stray bullet while driving to pick up a ball gown for her daughter. Authorities believe the shooting involved people in two vehicles shooting at each other while driving, and it is unclear if they are looking for other suspects in connection with the incident. (Subscription: Fort Worth Star-Telegram)
- Further in Carrollton, local residents are witnessing the groundbreaking development of a five-story mixed-use development. the largest public transit-focused development in North Texas, located at the Trinity Mills light rail station. Part of the Trinity Mills Transit District, the project is a collaboration between the City of Carrollton, Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART), developers from The Integral Group, and Koa Partners. Spanning 25 acres, the development includes office buildings, more than 430 residential units, and a 3-acre parkland planade, which benefits from convenient access to DART’s Green Line, the Denton County A-Train commuter rail line, and future connections to Dallas Love Field and DFW International Airports via the Silver Line Regional Rail. (Planetizing)
Calling Dallas Entrepreneurs: Reach Local Readers, Attract an Audience, and Make an Impact with Your Events This Summer! We have a limited number of sponsorships available to enhance your events and increase attendance among your target audience. Click here for more information about our sponsorship.
- Dallas Creator Social At Gilley’s Dallas (11:00 AM)
- Live music: Kaonashi Bee (6:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Dallas Parks & Recreation invites teens interested in technology to apply for the Best Buy Teen Tech Center. This fully equipped state-of-the-art facility offers mentoring support to help teens flesh out their ideas and develop new technical skills, and no prior technical knowledge is required to participate. Read more here. (City of Dallas – City Hall via Facebook)
- Are you a Dallas Mavericks fan?? Check them out Summer of Dirk sell here! (Dallas Mavericks via Facebook)
- Mark your calendars for the sixth annual Riverfront Jazz Festival takes place September 1-3 at The Black Academy of Arts & Letters. Read more here. (KOA)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Thanks for following and staying tuned! Tomorrow morning I’ll be back in your inbox with a new update.
— Nicole Fallon Peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a journalist and copywriter with a degree in Media, Culture and Communications from New York University. She has served as a freelance reporter, managing editor, editor and editor-in-chief for several B2B news outlets. She currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.
Adblock test (Why?)